COBB GRILL SMOKED FISH
@cobbgrill.nz How to smoke fish on your COBB Grill #Kaimoana #SmokedFish #nzfood #nzfoodie #kingfish #NewZealand #CobbGrill ♬ original sound - COBB Grill NZ
Turn your Cobb Grill into a hot smoker by simply sprinkling some soaked smoking chips on-top of your hot Cobblestone or charcoal. If you are using the COBB Gas, simply place a small dish filled with smoking chips on-top of the heat source and let it smoke away. This little set up makes it so easy to smoke fish just about anywhere.
What You Need:
- Smoking Chips
- Cobblestone or coals
- Cobb Grill
- Aluminium Grill Grid (comes standard with every Cobb Grill purchase)
- Fenced Roasting Rack
- Fish (We suggest a firm fish such as Kahawai or Kingfish)
- Optional: Salt & Sugar for brining
1. If you have time, brine your fish. Create a mixture of 3 parts sugar to 2 parts salt and cover your fish and leave for a few hours or overnight if possible. This will add a delicious sweet and salty flavour to the fish once it has cured and smoked.
2. Light your coals in your CobbGrill and wait 5 minutes for them to heat up.
3. Sprinkle some soaked smoking chips on top of the hot coals to create smoke.
4. Place the Roasting Rack on top of the aluminium grill grid. The Aluminium grill grid is ideal for smoking as it has a lot of holes which will allow the smoked to easily travel into the chamber from the coals. Then place your fish on top of the roasting rack.
5. Once there is sufficient smoke being generated, cover you fish with the dome cover and voila - your Cobb Grill is now a super convenient and portable hot smoker!