Tarakihi Fish Tacos by The Floating Island
Watch the full The Floating Island Catch & COBB YouTube Video here
What You Will Need:
🌮 Homemade Tacos
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil or other fairly neutral flavored oil
- 1 cup warm water
Turn on COBB and allow Wok accessory to heat up.
- Combine flour, salt & baking powder with a stand mixed or by hand. Add oil, water and mix at medium speed until dough is done. Set aside for 15 minutes before dividing the dough into balls that suit your size. Roll each dough to a pancake circle and place onto the hot COBB Wok with a sprinkle of sesame oil about 1 minute each side - Tacos are ready when soft, but with a few small brown spots.
Once taco's are cooked - it's time to prep the fish for frying. Fill the COBB Wok with about inch of oil - enough so that the fish fillets will be fully submerged once placed into the wok.
- Cut fish in strips. Add some garlic powder and other herbs for extra taste. Cover them in rice flour before dipping them in the beer batter.
🍺 Beer Batter
- Add a cup of rice flour into a bowl, add 1/3 of a beer can of your choice. Mix well until the mixture becomes slightly sticky. Add flour / beer accordingly until the right texture is achieved.
Beer Battered Fish
- Dip your rice flour covered fish into the beer batter, set it onto a rack so excess batter can drip off, then straight into the COBB Wok for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Take out, back onto the rack and sprinkle with salt.
- Prepare your veggies that you want to join your fish. Add everything onto your taco, add some parmesan / lemon and some delicious sauce et voila! Enjoy!